Kind of funny because I must admit, my attitude has not been much one of gratitude this week!
And I’m starting to see more and more how much that has to do with NOT focusing on the things I can be grateful for.
So I’m being a bit more intentional about this this week – building on my post from last week in sharing 5 things I am grateful for from over the past 7 days – and planning to come back to this again when I’m starting to feel like things aren’t going my way (I hate it when things don’t go my way!) .
I really would love to get the place where I feel and come across as grateful more often than not…and where it wouldn’t matter so much to me if life doesn’t always go exactly the way I want it to (hmmm…maybe I should have learned that by now?)…At any rate…
Here it goes:
1. How much the Bean can make me laugh – She is such a funny, happy, crazy little girl – full of laughter herself. It’s impossible not to respond in kind.
2. Pineapples – We get most of our organic fruits & veggies delivered weekly from Mama Earth Organics – kind of like a CSA but we get more choice and it’s year round. Today I opened my box to find a HUGE pineapple sitting among the rest of the foods – it was such a surprise! They left a note along with it – I usually order an avocado every week and they couldn’t get it this week, so they reduced the charge and gave us a pineapple. Awesome! I adore pineapples and organic ones can be pretty expensive, so I was quite happy to have it in place of my usual avocado. Thanks Mama Earth Organics!
3. Community – It touches on what I wrote last week about being thankful for bloggers, but having such amazing interaction with other mamas online is just a lifeline for me – it gives me the warm fuzzies of knowing I’m not doing this on my own. Lately it’s even facilitated some real life coffee dates with 2 awesome local mamas – writers of Think Mama, Think and Little Miss Kate. It’s also a safety net for this first time mom – knowing if something weird is going on with the Bean or I need help if she’s sick or whatever that I can just post a question and get instant responses from so many caring mamas is just so cool.
4. Sleep - I got to have a nap this afternoon. By myself! It started with the Bean but when she woke the husband took her and I had 2 blissful hours with the bed all to myself. It was lovely.
5. Green Space - We have a gorgeous green space behind our backyard that fills me with peace every time I look out there – it is a powerful part of helping me to become a more mindful mama! We’ve seen deer, coyotes, and huge hawks out there – it’s one of those places that makes you forget you’re actually right in the middle of a city.
What have you been thankful for this week?