Happy 4th of July American friends!
Random fact for you today – I am actually American born and raised - I’ve been living in Canada (thanks to my handsome Canadian husband) for close to 5 years now. Before that, I grew up in California and also lived in Minnesota for several years.
Also, the radio station I’m listening to right now is playing Violent Femmes’ American Music, which is awesome. I went to see the Violent Femmes once and it was one of the most fun shows I’ve ever been to, hands down.
Hope it’s a wonderful holiday for those of you in the US!
This week’s menu plan is a bit rushed and haphazard…I’m actually attempting to get the house clean so it’s just a quick break for blogging.
Also, we’ve kind of been awful about going grain free lately and I’m struggling with it – which I think is actually making me eat more grains/sugar than I normally would.
So this week, I’m trying to go totally sugar free (stocking up on the fruit!) and including a few grains in the menu plan, which will hopefully satisfy those cravings without causing me to go overboard.
And here it goes…
Breakfasts - green smoothies, that will probably be mostly red as we’ve collected a massive amount of strawberries over the past few days (went picking and received them in our weekly organic delivery).
Lunches – sandwiches, fruits, cottage cheese, artichokes, eggplant…and I’m just gonna make them as I feel like it over the next days, so no particular order.
- Monday: Spicy Lime marinated beef strips (from Against the Grain cookbook) – we put them in marinade last night and I am very much anticipating eating them!! Served with steamed broccoli and cheese sauce (homemade – it’s SO good and much better than CheeseWhiz!)
- Tuesday: Garlicky Roasted Shrimp & Swiss Chard (made this a few weeks ago – so good!)
- Wednesday: Eggplant Mini Pizzas
- Thursday: Garlic rubbed pork chops (from Against the Grain) & grilled zucchini
- Friday: Blackened fish (Against the Grain – great recipes in there!) & artichoke
- Saturday: Roasted chicken & veggies
- Sunday: BBQ – I’m thinking salmon (we’re having friends over) and lots of veggies on the side
Now it’s back to cleaning for me…
Do you have a weekly/monthly meal plan? Post your link (or plan) in the comments.