Weekends always go by too quickly, but I don’t mind it as much this weekend because I got so much awesome stuff done yesterday!
I have tons and tons of stock boiling in the kitchen, all kinds of veggies cut up and ready to use in the fridge and some beautiful organic meats in my freezer. All I need to do right today is peel and chop some butternut squash, cool and jar the stock when it’s ready, and I am prepped for the week!
I have never made homemade stock before so I’m very interested to see how it will turn out – it definitely smells good! I’m a little worried that it doesn’t really seem to be reducing much, but I think I’m just being impatient – the recipe I’m using for bone broth says you can cook it for 2 days!
So I will try to remain patient, and in the meantime, provide you with a Sunday Surf – here are some of the best posts I’ve been reading over the past week…
- ““I just want you to know that you’re probably going to miscarry – it happens with 1 in 4 new pregnancies.” – Family Practice doctor to patient, upon learning of a new pregnancy.” This is my story – to be found on My OB Said What?!? I share it not to dwell on the negative, but in hopes that new awareness will continue to be brought to the experiences of many pregnant women with their doctors – and that improvement will follow.
- “If you don’t read the ingredients you can be deceived in today’s food market. Industries marketing strategies are to spend the least amount of MONEY to get the most MONEY. Their labels can be misleading because they might contain a tiny bit of what you think you are buying but the rest is made artificially!“ No Blueberries in Blueberry Muffins??? from day2day joys
- “Oh my sweet Sarah Palin with a pancake. Companies are now marketing their bottled water as organic.” “Organic” Bottled Water? WTF!? from Mother Jones
- “You see, if the balance of bacteria in your gut really is affecting your mood, then treating mood disorders may be as simple as helping to proliferate the good kinds of bacteria in your digestive tract.“ Study Shows Anxiety May Be Caused by The Gut from Food Renegade
- ““Birth is the most dangerous thing a woman can do and is like an accident waiting to happen!” This is sort of the all-encompassing thought process of the majority of OBs.“ Always the Pessimist from The Deranged Housewife
- “Lesson #2: Never be too proud to learn from your child. We get to complete the development which began in our teens and 20s when we open our eyes and ears to our children.” Mayim Bialik Discovers That Her Son is Colorblind from Raising Kvell
- “…if children aren’t allowed to be emotional when they need to be, all they do is store it up and release it over and over again, probably at an even more inopportune time.” The Aware Parent: Becoming Comfortable With Crying from Hobo Mama
- “Our medicine cabinet looks like most, we have a couple of over the counter pain relievers, band aids and vitamins. But there are a few things you will find that are not in your average medicine cabinet. Some you may have heard of, some of these may be new to you.” Stocking The Natural Medicine Cabinet from Granola Catholic
Seriously – awesome posts this past week – hopefully you get the chance to check them out!
And if you haven’t yet, remember to enter the giveaway I am currently hosting for a chance to win one of 3 SmartKlean Laundry Balls – go by and check it out to find out how you can actually wash your laundry with absolutely no detergent (talk about non-toxic!).
Share your favorite posts from the past week in the comments – and have a great Sunday!