I am thrilled to accept this award and its pay it forward concept, which involves the following 4 steps:
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Award 10-15 blogs you feel deserve the award.
- Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.
So first of all – thank you to the Cloth Diapering Mama! She’s got some awesome stuff going on over at her blog – be sure to go check it out!
Now…7 things about me…
- I was born in Minnesota, grew up in California, moved back to Minnesota for university, lived in Mexico City for 9 months, and have been in Canada for the last 4 years (I think it’s my favorite place so far! ). I’ve also been to Haiti, Guatemala, El Salvador and Pakistan.
- I want to have at least 4 children – the Bean is my first, and she is 7 months old.
- I really, really love to read…I probably read at least 2 books a week, and often more. I also like to play video games.
- One of my dreams is to someday visit Antarctica.
- I love to play around with my hair…I have permed it, dyed it many different colors, put it in dreadlocks, had it short and super long, straight and curly…you name it. My newest experiment is going No ‘Poo, and I’m looking forward to making a bunch of different natural hair products that I’ve found, like hot oil treatments, deep conditioners, and highlighters with ingredients like chamomile tea.
- I love to cook, but I have a really difficult time scaling recipes back for 2 people (I often end up cooking meals for 6 or more by accident…we always have lots of leftovers!). Maybe it’s an indication that I should have a big family?
- I got henna done on my hands and feet for my wedding.
Now for the fun part – I get to bestow this award on other bloggers! I’ve had the fun of discovering all kinds of amazing bloggers in the past few months – so here are a whole bunch of them for your viewing pleasure:
- Code Name: Mama
- Garden Variety Mama
- The Modern Aboriginal Mama
- Moms Crafts 4 U
- Job Description: Mommy
- A Little Bit of it All
- Fine & Fair
- Hobo Mama
- Hybrid Rasta Mama
And that’s that! Any of you lovely bloggers who wish to accept the award, just grab the graphic and pay it forward.
You are all SO cool!